Thread: [region 1][map 2 & 3] Chedalbur

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Or -- wait, am I dumb and there's already a complete elevation map of the entire place?

The deal is you register your interest in the map on the 'abandoned maps' thread and then if the original author doesn't claim it within seven days, you are free to go, Octopod!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by octopod View Post
    Or -- wait, am I dumb and there's already a complete elevation map of the entire place?
    Yes - it was all generated with fractal terrains. The data was exported and we have all of the tiles with height map info. If you get the tile - and DarkOne has been *very* dark of late... then ping again and I can supply it or some derivative of it like a contour map or something. Do you have any particular software in mind that will use it ?

BTW - Bog land... good call, heh heh

No, I don't have any good software to generate terrain or anything. I can work directly on the contour map though; that's pretty excellent.

I have major questions regarding the overall layout of this region and Terra Incognita, though. Can I ask them here, or should I PM you or look in some kind of FAQ thread first?

We don't really have much in the way of a FAQ at this point. The project's been kind of ad hoc so far--we've addressed questions as they were raised, and everyone's generally made their own decisions as they saw fit. If you have questions about the project at large, it might be best to just start a new thread.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

On second thought, I don't want this tile, so never mind. I'll edit this message if I decide to take some other abandoned region to map, but I'm not sure yet -- I may lurk and map small regions for a while.