It would need to be something easily implemented. The last thing I believe we should do is add to the workload of the volunteers running this awesome site. As it is there is a bunch of set up and so on to run the challenges. It seems we have some folks on vacation lately as we've been running behind on starting our challenges and getting them voted on.

I too have seen it where one entry was just about perfect in every way and it sucked up almost every vote which it certainly deserved. However, the second place entry was very good and much better than anything you would find elsewhere on the net but it was practically forgotten. That does seem a tad improper. I have also seen it where second place was determined by a single vote. Ouch...minus one vote and slide into obscurity?

At the same time, I look at every piece I do as something to hopefully add to my portfolio, therefore, I try to look at the challenges as a bonus activity. Not everyone is trying to build a body of work so I can see how putting a bunch of time into "your masterpiece" and being blown out in the votes can be disheartening. In such cases it would be nice to have a runner up or silver/bronze award type thing.

I think it's a good discussion and maybe we can come up with something better. Yet I would also say if it's not a lot better it's probably not worth messing with.