It would need to be something easily implemented. The last thing I believe we should do is add to the workload of the volunteers running this awesome site. As it is there is a bunch of set up and so on to run the challenges.
I agree totally . I don't know what it takes (time and effort) to run the challenges. However I do know how precious "SPARE" time is and I do know the support crew sacrifices a good chunk of theirs as they go about their business virtually UN-noticed and definitely under appreciated.

I think it's a good discussion and maybe we can come up with something better. Yet I would also say if it's not a lot better it's probably not worth messing with.
Yeah I'll go along with that also.

On another site, when we have contests, the voting is Pick your top 5 in order of preference
I think 5 votes might be a bit excessive around here. Alot of the voting is done by members who notice the voting is in progress and skim the thumbnails and do a "quick" pick of their favs. Similar principle though.

So if the poll shows the desire for an alternate system. I'll start a New post for submitting ideas for possible alternatives. Then if one gets picked . we can present it to the Support staff here and they will tell us if it is "possible" Software-wise and Workload-wise .Sounds fine to me !!