Quote Originally Posted by Griph View Post
Thanks very much for the critique so far. I will rework the rivers, but I can barely find (and I am trying) any rivers matching the 'angle issue'. However I know the rivers seem to dry up randomly.

I'll try to solve the problem by flipping the image, maybe I'll notice more mistakes then. Also I will experiment with the mountains (maybe I'll get them to a nicer look).

Do you have any suggestions how to get a more realistic setup of rives. If you could just draw a few lines over my map I would be very thankfull - if not, I'll still try to fix it myself
Think of a river system as like a tree. The branches should be up hill, the trunk should be in the ocean. The way you have drawn them has the trunk is in the mountains, and the branches are in the lowlands, with most not connecting to the ocean at all.

Now there are a few rivers that just dry up rather than reaching another body of water, but this is rare and only happens in arid climates. Occasionally a salt lake will fill the role of an ocean, but this is again mostly an arid climate occurrence, and usually far inland or associated with mountains.

It's also rather hard to actually SEE the rivers in places, particularly in the north.