Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
Would love to see the map at a higher resolution, about 3 MB size would be nice!
I too discovered the 4.77 MB limit after posting. Here's a 4.35 MB version of the map. It still doesn't match the FM8 original, however.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greeanmeadows_3000.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	4.36 MB 
ID:	42434

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
You're happy with your maps and that's fine, I'm just making some input as a geographer
Right. That's fine.

In a river valley it's unlikely you'd see a rectangular village, with grid-patterned plots. It's more likely they'd follow higher ground along the river, as is shown in the image you posted.
That's clearly a factor. There are many others in terms of the way villages developed in the old days. I've been to quite a number of villages in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Bohemia, Hungary and even Scotland that other factors that caused them to develop in manners different than you describe. After one has found a certain number of exceptions, it's hard to defend the contention that there's a rule. So ... I agree that your system is a logical one and one that I'm aware of in a number of towns that developed in just about the way you describe it. Did the majority develop that way? Maybe. I don't know. But if so, an impressive minority found good reasons to do things differently.