Greetings. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
Have you added noise to the overall map background? I can't say I like the effect.
Nope. I don't know what kind of noise you're getting. I don't see any.

Also for a map this size there's no real need to label each item with numbers, there's plenty of room to add text labels.
Yes we do. This is intended for a PDF on letter sized paper. People with low quality printers will be unhappy with us if we use text labels. There are other product reasons for the numbers too.

Also from a geographical point of view this doesn't look like a realistic pre-modern village - it's laid out more like a US Mid-Western planned community than a village which has naturally evolved.
Actually, we've made quite a study of medieval villages and have gone to all of them that we use for prototyping. There are all kinds of things out there, not just the stereotypical circles. We also have worked with the Franconian Open Air Museums in Bad Windsheim and Fladungen, both in Northern Bavaria, in putting our settlements together. These are widely recognized and published authoritative sources for such matters. In the case of the Green Meadows map, the parts that I suspect trouble you are based upon parts of Rothenburg ob der Tauber - one of Europe's most famous medieval cities, in the totally medieval part, within the city wall.

Don't misunderstand me. No nasties are intended here. We really like hearing from you folks. But on this point, I don't know what to say except that you're just plain wrong.