Quote Originally Posted by angellus00 View Post
the-golem :

Thanks so much for taking this project! Wanted to add a few more details. The city doesn't have walls and the towns at the foot of the bridges are open and don't have walls either. Also, if possible could the bridges be wider? They should have houses and inns and shops and such right on the bridges, I kind of picture them as so wide that they have their own alleys and side streets with big gates at the base where they enter Camwyn. I guess the idea is that the bridges were built with magic long ago, an art that has been lost to the current population.
Message Recieved. Like I mentioned, this was more of an exploratory approach mostly just to fetch more feedback from you. I like your idea about the bridges, and I'll definately make them wider. I've been struggling where to put the docs, and I sorta have an idea. How would you feel that the docks branch off of the bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Just my opinion...
the rivers around the city should be half their current width - to balance the flow from the upper single river with the two split rivers.
(actually, the east river might want to be 2/3 if its current width and the west river 1/3 if its current width ... just to add hierarchy and variety.)
Interesting, I never really thought of this. Now that you mention it though, the west bend looks a bit off to me. I feel like it should be straighter, as it'd likely be the main river, whearas the east branch would be a distributary. Thinking about it, if I do narrow them, wouldn't it make more sense for the west river to be the wider part?

I'm not at home right now, so I did a quick MS Paint scribble to illustrate the new river flow ideas:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camwyn-sketch.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	42435