Hey, Sigmund. I'm new here as well. In fact this is only my fourth post so far. Very long story made short, my wife just taught me how to go on line (bet you don't here that much these days) and this is the first sight I signed up for. You see, I've been gaming in general and been fascinated with mapping specifically for many years now (over 30 I think). With this wonderful new tool at my disposal, I see it is time to put down my hammer and chisel and step up my game. To the point then. Like yourself I have a taste for hex maps. I have hundreds of them drawn by hand over the years, and am currently compiling them with the final goal (much like yourself) to post it for the 'guild' to review and help me with. And so I reply to you not to give advise or suggest technical specifics (there are plenty of people here who are far more experienced and qualified at this than I am) but perhaps to trade some ideas on how to lay out the geography of you,re map and maximize its playable value based on some of my own successes and failures over the years (like being careful where you put a volcano - but that's another story). Anyway, I look forward to seeing some of your results and discussing them with you.