Thread: The world of (No Name): Help with ... Everything?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Then why don't you just scale down the mountains a bit? Don't know how difficult that would be, but maybe you could redraw them in GIMP and resize them? I'm sure there is a function for that somewhere... I haven't found it with a quick look, but i'm sure there is.
    A second thing: There seems to be a river running from coast to coast big southern isle (or peninsula? hard to see...). Thats impossible, as far as i know, except if it's a canal. But then that's a very strange route.

Edit: Aaand some other river issues:
    - the second isle from the left: Rivers don't split and rejoin later - at least not for such long distances. Small isles or braided rivers, yes, but not such big ones.
    - the "donut-shaped" isle in the middle: a lake shoudn't have more than one surface outflow. And again, the western river is splitting up.

Aside from that, i think the map doesn't look too bad. Maybe you could give your continents some texture like the sea (a different one, of course), i think that would look good also.
    Last edited by Niall Mackay; 02-26-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Conversation at university while writing our group report:
    "I'll make a map." - "We don't need a map, we only interviewed some people." - " I know, but it won't stop me from making one."