Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 12] Beastlands

Blog Entries

R.e. Casteran etc

I don't have any particular idea. My thoughts were just that this Pludery Point was a last outpost on the hills. A watch tower manned lightly with maybe some agile intelligent flying creature or mount or something to report any kind of disturbance. A Wyvern springs to mind. Otherwise not a lot happens there. But at the same time it is the shortest route into Groam. Merchants would have to go via the monastery and then into Clercons Crossroads and then south which is fine too. Maybe there are paths across that area for adventurers but its a bit dodgy and the major preferred merchant route is the E and S.

I was just making a logo for the Beastlands bit on the Wiki...I haven't progressed too far and it's a lot more difficult to get what I saw in my minds eye onto the screen (isn't it always the way). I'll just post this WIP and get back to it after I've helped (?) out IG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beastlands copy.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	654.4 KB 
ID:	3270  

IG here are the thumbnails of the entire region with the beastlands in red and a blank one (psd included) so you can do the others regions on the wiki.

Cheers

Ravs

Name:	beastworld region copy.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	3319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	entire thumbnail region copy.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	3320   entire thumbnail region.psd  

Finished the logo for the Beastlands...still looks pretty cruddy but run out of patience, skill and knowledge.

Name:	beastland logo copy.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	3344  

Looks fantastic. I've taken the liberty of putting it on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Wow, it's a bit big on the wiki....any chance you can make it smaller? (it hides a lot of the mistakes)
    Making it smaller is easy. Since you're intent on modifying it more, what about making it more banner-like? Seems like the center third portion of the image with the logo on top of it would make for a nice one, and might fit the page better. Just my opinion.

Hey Ravells,

I was taken by the name of "Fort Lost" and thought I'd try mapping it out for the June Mapping Challenge.

Did you have any thoughts about what kind of fort it is or what condition it's in? Or was it just a name and I'm free to just go with it?

-RLucci

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast