Have been busy the last couple days and haven't been able to get into this too much. Added two swamps, removed a small chunk of the mountan to the north allowing a pass into the desert that I will need eventually. You may also notice the blinding red political borders. The players started on the eastern side of the NE country and are moving west to the upper central country right now. There is a huge trade city along the river since it's right at the three-way crossroads between the west side of the map, the northern desert and beyond, and the eastern peninsula.

I've been playing with the region's economics and having a freakin blast figuring out the populations and influence of each country. The SW country shown used to be the seat of the empire that spanned basically the entire map. There was a big war about 400 years ago sparked by increased taxes and very obvious oppression on the part of the current monarchy. What few have discovered was that this was all influenced by a devil posing as his most trusted advisor. The king commissioned an army of warforged and commanded them with a scepter his "advisor" made for him. The army swept across the region annihilating much of the resistance before the king was finally assassinated and his control of the creatures ended. There's more to the scepter, and that devil is still playing games with the mortals, but I don't want to give too much away JUST IN CASE one of my players reads this

More to come later, namely cities and prettifying things more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweaks and political borders.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	654.6 KB 
ID:	42667