Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
Now that is just lovely! I really like what you've done with the mountains. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh
Thank you very much, Arsheesh! This weekend I expect to get more work done. I've been experimenting with some forest-drawing styles and I'll try to get them to work (since this is the first time I draw a map using a digital tablet, I'm kind of improvising the whole drawing thing as I go!).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
This is starting to look awesome! Can't help you with the font. Though on old maps for example, the place names were usually written in such an elaborate way that to a "modern eye" they look illegible. So I guess at some point you have to choose between beauty and legibility...
You have my thanks, Lyandra. And aye, it seems I'll have to do some compromises with the fonts soon; I did some testing with cities and territories, and I really need somethings readable at very small sizes. This part of the world in particular is extremely atomized in terms of territories, very much like the Holy Roman Empire during the 1500-1600, and having so many tiny states gets really confusing with the current font I'm using.

Perhaps I'll keep it for the very large names (such as water bodies and lands), and use a different one for geopolitical naming.