Thread: Béan, the Vertical City (WIP)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The main street doesn't give the impression of a spiral mainly because of the points it hits the halls. Do those windmills at the top power a pump that draws up water from the bottom? (the dashed line)

This is a really cool map though, but I'm not really sure what to suggest. I've never attempted this style map myself. But I like it.

Cool map Robulous, I'd like to see how this one turns out. The closest thing I've seen to a vertical city is Schley's Diyun or that fantasy tower city that was losely based on Kowloon Walled City a few months back.

I'm with Larb on the absence of a spiralling main "street", but I don't think that it detracts from the map. What does confuse me is the lack of dotted lines showing where the throat and the conduit lead to the magma chamber in the volcano. If your city is built around the crater, there should be something there to indicate it. Otherwise it just looks like a vertical city in an upthrusting finger of rock.

Something else that would be cool is an inset or two of a critical area showing residences, important buildings, etc.

Keep at it, this looks like it is going to be one very cool map.