Thread: Pinterest - beware of what you do

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I definitly think the copyright should be worked over and adapted to the new millenia - but as it is, we have to work within the existing rules :/

edit: didn't see redrobes post as I forgot to refresh after having some lunch
    As people who have me on fb and g+ knows I'm against ACTA, PIPA, SOPA and any other 'PA they throw out there. I believe that hollywood is breaking the web in their attempt to hold on to an ancient way of doing things instead of waking up and changing as the world changes. A recent post on TED said it well by starting out by talking about a bakery who no longer accepted to print cakes that people had made themselves cause they had gotten sued by Disney (or something to that effect). We also have the story of a totally personal non-commercial videoclip of some kid on youtube that "infringed" on copyright cause there was music playing in the background. Most of us who like Star Trek might also remember the lawyers hunting down fanpages in the webs early years... *shakes head*

What pinterest is doing is saying one thing while their "rules" say something else - and following up by making sure that its peoples own responsibility for getting permissions even though their whole pinning/sharing system isn't really focusing on permission but rather the ease of sharing = They are greedy and don't care who they hurt.
    Last edited by tilt; 03-01-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise