Thread: Pinterest - beware of what you do

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I don't think it would matter if the customer brought in the image to make the cake from. The cake maker is still part of the selling of it. Only if they made blank cakes and the customer took it away and put a disney char on it would I think that the cake maker is out of the picture.

As for the rules, I dont know what to think any more. I dont think its possible to stick to them so I think we all just say screw it and do it anyway. You and I are lucky in that we both are in countries that don't support patents on software but that's an area which is so perverse you would laugh if it didn't affect you. Yeah, I recall Hutchinson Telecom changing its name to Orange and then claiming ownership over anything electronic and orange. Or like MS using Paint and Word and Calc and other generic names and saying that these applied without the use of a prefix of Microsoft or when Microsoft starting leaning on people using the term windows for everything including sheets of clear stuff for looking through. Luckily that one was quashed. But Lindows had to change its name because of it. Then there was this only two weeks ago..

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...rs-lee-patent/

I dunno where it can go from here. Everything is so completely FUBAR now. The law IMO is such a complete joke.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Scriptum, as this is one of my pet peeves...

COPYRIGHT covers the expression of ideas: Text, images, photos, sculptures, music yes even architecture. Pretty much everything someone creates is under copyright.
    PATENTS cover ideas. Specifically, inventions. Not every idea or invention is patentable, but checks and balances don't work too well.
    TRADEMARKS cover the use of words, phrases, or logos to identify a product, service or company. Trademarks have to be actively defended or the owner risks losing the mark.

Please at least get your terminology right, guys.