I agree, great effort! Doing moutains and forests in symbol brushes are always tricky to get the hang of so just try out difference ideas and see how they play out.. the biggest thing (like Epic said) is that you want it to feel organic... something that could help you out is to create or use opaque symbols, i'm not sure if this is the case for the mt's or tree's, but I can see it in the flags.. if the pole and flag's had a colour inside (or even just white, or black.. or a bit more neutral for your map) they would be able to pop more... and also don't be afraid to squish your mts and forests together, the overlap makes them look painstakingly drawn by hand, and again a bit more organic...

(BTW! these are just suggestions.. i noticed i get a bit wordy, but it's simple cause i had a lot of trouble with this stuff, so i'd like to share what i've learned in hopes of helping you make your map even better!)
Also another suggestion is to change the labelling a bit, make it a bit easier to read... it seems you've fixed the rotated labels from the first copy, but I also find it hard to read when the text flows over other boundary lines, like shorelines... consider moving them out a bit more into a clear space... as long as they fall close enough to the point they should not be hard to identify which point goes with which text. As a tip you want to try to stick to a # pattern, where if the point fell inside the center box of the #, labels should be placed in any of the outer quadrants... and after that you want to try to make sure your labels fall in one of 2 directions (as in, if you rotate some labels 90deg to the left, make sure they are all rotated to the left), so that at worst the reader will only ever have to rotate the map 90deg in one direction.. I always forget this, and i find fantasy maps always end up being crowded due to their artistic fonts... and like everything else.. sometimes these rules have to be broken.. just keep legibility in mind over it all...

The only other thing I'd suggest is to colour the capital city a different shade of red, or at least make it a bit easier to make out around your map lines... but thats a simple enough fix.. a different shade.. or heck even add a bit of a black glow around the text should work...