Thread: City Design by Journal Entry -Reboot!-

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Guild Log, Liam Napper
    The caravan arrived today; with 10 of our workers to relieve those who are on their way home... There aren't a great number of other migrants, but I think we'll be able to manage with what we've got.

It's worth noting that we've obtained a smith, I'm assuming he wanted to beat the competition here... I don't care much for why, I'm just glad he's here. The ground has proved to be quite rocky, wearing out our shovels quite quickly... and this hard word could be cut much faster when the axes can be frequently sharpened... I met with the smith earlier today; we went searching for a site for his smithy. It seems he'll need a continuous supply of water, so we situated him in a prime location right by the river. The smith will need to be build at least partially in stone, which takes time... so I've assiged 2 of our workers to help get him up and running as soon as we can.

The other arrival the guild has arranged is of our cook, Aspen Darkfire. Her beauty is something to behold, she carries herself as strong, yet delicate... I've already witness two of the men making lewd advances toward her... Let's just say they will be nursing their wounds for a fortnight. She's looking to set up a small tavern to help feel our men, so I've given her the use of another 5 of our men.

The rest, guild-members and migrants alike will be working to build 3 long houses, a long structure of bunks to house everyone in relative comfort. I've made an agreement with the Winterdales, Greensmiths, and Wardens to deliver regular shipments of their extra food stores. The Greensmiths have already expressed an interest in expanding their crops to provide a more permanent solution for the outpost.

For the next couple of days we have all 20 workers while the caravan drivers restocks and rest... I'm putting them to good use on building our shelters... I'm getting tired of sleeping in a damp tent.
    Last edited by loogie; 03-14-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool