Thread: world creation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Looks like you have a nice form to your land mass, but would like to have some idea of scale, 'cause that is one HUGE city in the middle if the scale that first came to mind is aywhere near correct. Or is that a desert? I am not familiar with Fractal Mapper, so can not help you on the actual prog, but I can think of a few things that might help with the map itself. But first it would be nice if you could show an example of what sort of style you were aiming for.

Firstly, I would try to vary the colors a bit more for the land, and water areas....and/or add some textures/noise if the prog can do that

secondly, I am not sure what you are planning to use the grid for....

Using city symbols would also go a long way to making the map look better. Roads used for the major trade routes would also help break up the land into regions of common interest.....how many roads you could put in would depend on the scale of the map.

I believe that this belongs over at the WIP (Work In Progress) forums, and I am sure that a CL will be along shortly to correct that so don't worry. And your English is more that good enough

and last but not least...Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web, and have some rep for posting a map in your first post
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks for the welcome and some things that might clarify my project:

The size of the continent is large as 12,000 by 10,000 km ^ 2 and I have designed another unknown continent but in less detail.

Within the idea of this new world, beliefs specify that the world has a diamond shape and get closer to the edges are creatures descendants of the gods who guard the gates of exile, where he falls to the underworld (as was believed in old age), a bit out of reality.

Only the points are cities and as you say it is a desert.

I do not want a very large map, with a scale of 500-1000 km: 1 cm (which does not exceed the size of a sheet of letter).

some examples of how I like (I prefer the one marked):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ideas.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	534.1 KB 
ID:	43126

(obtained from: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...Abandoned-Maps)

and some possible routes:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rutas.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	484.1 KB 
ID:	43125

otherwise black spots and blue are dwarfs hidden cities in the mountains and the red dot is a human hidden city.
    To get to the desert city is only by boat traveling the river or along the river, and unconnected cities is because they not have a lot of communication or are unknow for the most people.
    Last edited by Alfafrost; 03-16-2012 at 04:07 PM.