Looks like you have a nice form to your land mass, but would like to have some idea of scale, 'cause that is one HUGE city in the middle if the scale that first came to mind is aywhere near correct. Or is that a desert? I am not familiar with Fractal Mapper, so can not help you on the actual prog, but I can think of a few things that might help with the map itself. But first it would be nice if you could show an example of what sort of style you were aiming for.

Firstly, I would try to vary the colors a bit more for the land, and water areas....and/or add some textures/noise if the prog can do that

secondly, I am not sure what you are planning to use the grid for....

Using city symbols would also go a long way to making the map look better. Roads used for the major trade routes would also help break up the land into regions of common interest.....how many roads you could put in would depend on the scale of the map.

I believe that this belongs over at the WIP (Work In Progress) forums, and I am sure that a CL will be along shortly to correct that so don't worry. And your English is more that good enough

and last but not least...Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web, and have some rep for posting a map in your first post