Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
I dont want to stop your enthusiasm, but you are practically offering your word and the possibility of some economic success in the far future to atract artist to do what seems for like at least 1-2 Months worth of full-employment. And infinit Revisions. And no startup capital. And a lot of "if" situations. I am not shure how to see this, you have of course a lot of trust into your project but, I guess its hard to find other people putting in the same amont of Heart and energy like yourself.
You're right. It is my word and possibility.

I did a quick search to check what people on this forum are saying about prices. It seems that the rates are either hourly which I think is not acceptable. I never have and I never will because as some one who knows a bit about being an artist i know that the speed changes based on a number of things per person and is in no way fair to employer, but a flat rate of between $50 and $500 was mentioned with a majority of people seemingly saying between $50 and $100 per map depending on various things.

So...
Size, I don't care about a "physical" copy of the maps as such what is really important as far as size is a scanner and knowing the conversion between dpis (300dpi is standard print, so you can scan in an image at higher dpi and then convert for bigger sizes), or working completely PC based.
I don't quite know what is meant by detail. Mountains, Rivers, forests, major cities/places looking unique, smaller "towns" on the map, but not needing to look unique.
Scale... This is a bit tricky... I'd like a map for the full world. obviously the level of detail would have to be fairly basic as the planet is the same size or nearly the same as Earth. And then i'd also like a map for the continents so the scale would change based on how big the continents are.

Those maps would then probably be altered as would be needed for use as political maps and other such simple things, but also would need to have 4 (or more) variations with changes to city placements and such.

Once the initial set is done though I don't see very much work to be done after that as it would be more or less just adding or removing or modifying unique places only important to keep same artist for style reasons. After that I need several city maps... it's not important that the city maps be consistent stylistically for in universe reasons so I'm not really worried about them

At minimum that sounds like 8 maps and even at the smallest number would be $400. I don't see how I can afford that, much less, if you increase the amount per map.