Thread: Advice needed concerning a fantasy map and the courses of rivers :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Most of your rivers/lakes seem reasonable; keep in mind that rain also dumps as it hits mountains so that lake is probably fine.

My major question is the northern forest that is surrounded on all sides by mountains; either some of those mountains are very low or there is some weather abnormality.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

Guild Novice

Thank you for your answer

There is indeed a weather abnormality around the northern forest, due to supernatural corruption and other unpleasant reasons the forest is saturated with unnatural energy that creates heavy rainclouds over the forest pretty much out of thin air.

Though I'm not yet entirely sure I'm happy with a magical forest which can only exist due to it's magical ability to create rainwater out of nowhere. If I removed most of the mountains between the North-East corner of the forest and the northern sea, do you think that would allow enough rainclouds to reach inland and water such a massive forest?