Thread: March Challenge Entry : Serpent Isles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I know PNG is lossless . The Psd is 13 megs when I save to PNG in Photoshop the Pngs are 1.34meg non- interlaced and 1.43 megs Interlaced. Those are the only two option available. The "canvas" texture becomes much more pronounced. It looks as Jaxilon stated like a screen door.When I enlarge the psd to 34 megs the conversion comes out at 7.4 megs without the distortion. But that is too big for posting here? The conversion ratio doesn't seem linear. Must be something to do with Photoshop. Even in PS side by side the PNG is Brighter but otherwise looks the same. Here on the Guild it looks much less smooth and blocky! I just saved the attachment from here back to desktop and opened it in PS for a side by side comparison and in PS the attachment looks like the pre-attached PNG simply brighter .I am perplexed to say the least. Maybe I need to use an external converter to keep the quality ? I am open to any and all suggestions. It comes to mind that a color space difference between PS and the guild viewer might be causing the "Apparent" quality difference ??

maxsdaddy : The resolution goes from 26% to God only knows what in one big jump. Yes it is very stark. But it does show that it is in fact black and white
    Last edited by lostatsea; 03-19-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"