I attempted to update the title of this thread to reflect the name chosen for the major feature: the Tawaren Basin. Doesn't look like it took, though--it just updated the post title and not the thread. Anyway, I thought I'd give a brief rundown on some of the sites on the map.

The Tawaren Basin: Enclosed between two mountain ranges, the Tawaren Basin encompasses three major lakes: Lake Medre, the Blackwater (shared with Kagehito's map), and a third lake yet to be named. It was once densely populated and was hit very hard by the plague as a result. A few small population centers remain, but all of the larger towns and cities are falling into ruin. People in the Basin who turned out to be resistant to the disease have gathered in guarded communities called hallows.

Galerius Hallow: Hidden deep within a trackless forest north of the Halidberg Mountains, Galerius Hallow depends upon secrecy and forbidding terrain to maintain its safety. It is guarded on two sides by the confluence of the North and South Galerius rivers and to the southwest by steep hills.

Klastin's Fort: Klastin's Fort occupies the point of a long peninsula in Lake Klastin. Its prominent position makes it impossible to hide, so the inhabitants have built a stout wall from the remains of the town it replaced. Every citizen of the Fort is trained with weaponry, and they have managed to scavenge a significant number of crossbows, enough to arm virtually everyone in the community. Thus far, they have kept themselves safe by being harder and tougher than even the most desperate plague sufferers.

Medre Isle and Blackhallow: These two villages occupy islands in Lake Medre and the Blackwater, respectively. They defend their shores with ballistae and catapults which fling burning pitch at any boat or ship that approaches without displaying the correct signals. There is a significant amount of trade and cooperation between the two communities, accomplished by sailing the wide and gentle channel between the two lakes.