Thread: [WIP] Sandrina - My first real attempt in CC3.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild! Have some rep for your first WIP thread, it's looking pretty good so far!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Welcome to the Guild! Have some rep for your first WIP thread, it's looking pretty good so far!
    Well, thank you!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Wip

Well, here's the newest update. I tinkered with the rivers some more and changed some of the inking effects. Filled in more of the map, to the point where I think I'm happy with the amount of fill. I tried messing with the sizing of the city symbols but I'm just not happy with them smaller because a lot of the detail is lost. So instead, I might try changing the city symbol set to something else and see how that looks at a smaller size. I still need to mess with the rivers to the west, since they're splitting...

But the river around Lyndale Keep is supposed to be split in a manner of speaking. It surrounds the town, but it was artificially adapted to do that for defensive and irrigation purposes. I'm not sure how to show that yet. I want to draw it differently so that it looks a bit more distinctly manufactured, but I don't want it to look like "sloppy cartography" if that makes sense. Suggestions welcome!

The area around the ruins are supposed to be swampy/bayou/wetlands-ish. It's a first attempt at that, so suggestions definitely welcome for that too.

Latest WIP as of 3/26/12.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sandrina (032612).jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	43405
    Last edited by Joshua; 03-26-2012 at 11:25 PM.