Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map of [Region Name Here]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Hey, if you haven't come up with a name for the region yet, here's a few names for you, in a few fakey styles:

1) Region: Ta Zapadön (Tah Zah-PAHD-uhn). Subregions: Ocean: Padais (PAHD-ice), Large lake: Ta Völka (Tah VUHL-kah), Small lake: Ta Malka (Tah MAHL-kah), Main mountain range: U Nebogor (oo NEH-boh-gohr), SW range: U Robön (oo ROB-uhn), NW range: U Ledön (oo LED-uhn), N range: Za Poledön (zah Poh-LED-uhn). The Great Gulf: Tau Medejel (Taw Meh-DEH-jel). The middle kingdoms: U Sredin (oo SREH-deen), the kingdom by the gulf: Spodön op Medejel (SPOH-duhn ohp Meh-DEH-jel), the SE region: Na Iuga (Nah YOU-gah), the NE region: Na Sevru (Nah SEHV-roo). The eastern sea: Ta Dvigais (Tah DVEE-guys).

Alternate:

2) Region: Zhar Belkh. Subregions: Ocean: Krakhotha, Large lake: Golbotha, Small lake: Zalbotha, Main mountain range: Shpirath Thund, SW range: Krotha Thund, NW range: Gawhrim Shol, N range: Besskad Shol. The Great Gulf: Sorokothim. The middle kingdoms: Belkhombor, the kingdom by the gulf: Sornombath, the SE region: Rakhul var Belkh, the NE region: Ashtramor. The eastern sea: Oliyotha.

2) Region: Tayarango. Subregions: Ocean: Sikura Malvento, Large lake: Visto Porando, Small lake: Alasto Korengo, Main mountain range: Onda Rotala, SW range: Perondaka Simera, NW range: Karonda Agula, N range: Karonda Murdala. The Great Gulf: Kalo Fondo. The middle kingdoms: Keteya Belimasa, the kingdom by the gulf: Keteya Kalosula, the SE region: Ulsaranda, the NE region: Vitrusango. The eastern sea: Kura Sensata.

That should keep you in silly names
    Wow, thanks! I really appreciate it! Are you a Star Wars fan by any chance? I think I detect some of that, lol. I could be wrong though. I have a name for some of the geographical sub-regions (mostly Latinate), but not for any of the individual kingdoms, or for the continent as a whole, so these should come in handy! I also may use some of the alternate names for places on different continents, once I'm done with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
    Wow, thanks! I really appreciate it! Are you a Star Wars fan by any chance? I think I detect some of that, lol. I could be wrong though. I have a name for some of the geographical sub-regions (mostly Latinate), but not for any of the individual kingdoms, or for the continent as a whole, so these should come in handy! I also may use some of the alternate names for places on different continents, once I'm done with this one.
    Go for it, I'm glad if it helps! I don't know if there's much Star Wars, I tend to just imagine some basic phonemes for a language and string them together. Then, sometimes, I make a bit of a joke of it and add roots from a language I might (vaguelly) know and get fantasy names that way. For the first one I used roots from my language (which is why I also took the trouble of writing a vague phonetic pronounciation ), the second I just went for gutturals while trying to avoid making it sound Arabic, and the last one is quite obviously partly derived from an alternate spelling of Italian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12