Thread: Ice Age Coastlines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've found a few maps of various possible ice age coastlines for individual continents but nothing global that is of any real size. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of these, but here are two maps I discovered, one of North America and another of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Sular View Post
    I've found a few maps of various possible ice age coastlines for individual continents but nothing global that is of any real size. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of these, but here are two maps I discovered, one of North America and another of Europe
    Thanks Sular, they're both nice maps - north america in particular. North America actually seems to be quite a bit longer ago than the last Ice Age the changes to Cali. and Fl. are immense.

The Europe map is titled "Europe after the Ice Age" - from comparison with other maps, the sea level is too high already, Corsica and Sardinia aren't connected, for example, and half of the Adriatic is already wet, while the English channel is already thoroughly cut out by glacial runoff.

Anyway, if this thread keeps up, we might end up with a pretty good collection of maps