Thread: So, roleplaying games!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Normally I play console based roleplaying games since I don't know enough people in real life to do table top roleplays anymore. The RPG's I have played are Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, and some J-RPG's like Final Fantasy and such. The only series of rpgs I can think of that I want to get into is the "Tales of" series, but they don't port them over to the U.S. much anymore.

Ah. Now for the fun part of my reply. There was a point a couple of years where me, my wife, my brother and sister in law, and my friend and his fiancee played a Star Wars Roleplay at my house for almost a year. Now, I forgot all of the characters or their race name, but this is what I remember. I played this green squid head guy I called "Hun-Gari" who was the rogue pilot, my wife played a female space elf that was my co-pilot (he let her create that), my brother-in-law played a male Bothan who was our assassin, my sister-in-law played a female zabrak jedi master, and my friends fiancee played a space ferrett / squarrel / rat thing that was a jedi apprentice... we don't know what the race was... and my friend was the DM. Oh the stories. Sadly, I can't go into too much detail due to site rules, but we had some fun times with it:

Fun moment 1) So, there was this time where my Squid head, and the bothan walk into a bar. Twi'lek dancers everywhere. Well. Both our characters got a little tipsy and they both ended up having a "fun night." For me anyways. See. Supposedly, the Bothan got so drunk he ended up going to a room with a Gungan... and the gungan walked out a happy man. My character on the other hand caused such... "a disturbance in the force" that of the two ladies he was with, one committed suicide, and the other was so messed up on the inside, she couldnt have kids anymore... and then my character got banned from the bar.

Fun moment 2) So, our characters are standing around trying to figure out what to do, and the DM hinted that the Jedi master should role a force check... well, she rolled a force check and got a 1. Her response? "Hey guys! Guys!.... I think... I'm a jedi!"

Fun moment 3) Our characters were later captured by a hutt lord and thrown into a pit with a rancor. Well we killed the rancor and were making our escape when I joked, "Pfft, I bet I could take on all of these guys!" Since like, 20 guys had jumped into the arena with us. Our DM looked at me and told me to roll a dodge check for every guy there and lucky for me, I didn't get hit once.

So yeah, those are my fun stories and sadly after that rp, I lost contact with my friend and some other family matters happened, so it will be a while till I can get going again.
    Last edited by MindOfTheo; 03-26-2012 at 12:00 PM.