I've got a little distracted from Gardmore Abbey recently.

This is not a very good map (I threw it together for my PCs superfast) but I decided to post it here anyway since a number of people mentioned 4E maps recently on these forums, and this one is a good and fun battle map. I include the terrain notes. The concept of this map is that PCs (mine are level 6) start in the southwest and there are lots of enemies (preferably ghouls with grab-powers) everywhere. After X amount of turns d6 more enemies enter from the east every turn, so they have to be quick. Encounter ends when PCs manage to get inside the locked building at the top of the pyramid (they can't win by defeating the enemy).

There is a version with gate open and gate closed, and with secret passage visible and invisible.

Trees are by Kepli, totem poles and rubble downloaded from dunjinni, the stone pyramid texture and the roof on top was downloaded from these forums.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Map1.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	43413 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Map2.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	43414 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notes.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	43415

This is my new way of doing terrain notes from my PCs. I've also tried it with the latest Slaying Stone encounter I'm running (for a different group obviously) – for example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Encounter 7 - terrain notes.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	43416