Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Profantasy Affiliate: For the Future of Guild Contests

Blog Entries

You might like to look at this thread. It was done after a challenge and I made the church in it. There are 6 movies showing different features responding to questions about VTT's in general and how mine tackles the issues raised and I think all are relevant but the first one or two will show what you are looking for w.r.t the zoom to house level. It goes on to show jumping maps into the church and editing the map from there.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2182

Edit -- Also this thread with general FAQ on the app.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1642

but gimme half hour to upload the demo vids in post #16 & 17 or so which also has zooms to house & person level using maps from this site. I removed them to make space a while back.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-05-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mogul76 View Post
    I fully agree with you, Jkaen. In fact, that's what I tried to say in my initial post within this thread. There's little point in doing banner advertising only...

I'd love to see more ViewingDale stuff. Perhaps a map of a building (1st image)... which then zooms out to show a settlement or city (2nd image)... which then zooms out to show an entire region (3rd image)... 1 map, 3 images... That's one of the features which caught my eye when I read about your software.

On a slightly related note, I have posted on the NBOS(Fractal Mapper) forum suggesting that some of the members also join and post up some samples. So far, I have not heard anything back in the affirmative.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member

Cheers for posting those links, Redrobes. The engine speed is very impressive. I liked how quickly you were able to zoom in and out of that huge map and move the mapping objects around without ViewingDale even freezing for a few seconds. Cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    On a slightly related note, I have posted on the NBOS(Fractal Mapper) forum suggesting that some of the members also join and post up some samples. So far, I have not heard anything back in the affirmative.
    I think that I've read your message, as I'm also subscribed to NBOS' mailing list. There's a subscriber who, if I remember correctly, has previously used CC, then switched to Fractal Mapper and keeps telling how great it is. But I, for one, haven't seen a lot of FM maps. There are a couple of examples on the NBOS website. However, most of them consist of vector symbols and the images don't include any shadow effects and the like.

I don't believe that these forums should be (mis)used as a sales pitch by the developers of mapping software but a little more communication with the community and posting examples of created maps as well as tutorials would be beneficial both to registered members and developers.

We've sent out vouchers for the affliate program, and we'll be improving it over the next couple of months. I suggest if you want more participation here from the CC3 community, you post a monthly link to your competition over on the ProFantasy forum.

I keep an occasional eye on things over here, and have entered one competition, but our map making efforts really have to be devoted to commercial ends. I could post maps here produced in-house for various purposes, but I don't want to contaminate your boards with what could be construed marketing material. Maybe we could have a single "maps produced with CC3" thread for this purpose?
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123