Thread: W.I.P. Serpent Isles Colorized

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks to all for the comments and advice! This is a big experiment for me I think I might get some useful techniques out of this . Wahoo!! Keep tuned and keep the advice coming.

Diamond And Gidde :
    Thanks !! I will be playing with some different mixes on different elements so please keep advising !

bcholmes :
    I find the scale bar difficult to read (black text on very dark background). The lettering in the first version also suffers from this a bit. I really like the compass rose -- nice colours and nice fill effect.

Lastly, I find there's something confusing for me about having such sparse tree-cover. Like, my brain is trying to interpret the individual trees as if they're individual trees, rather than be "representative of trees".
    Thanks for the comments. Yes the scale bar is too dark. The lighting originally was to be from the rising sun (the right hand side) But in the B&W version the mountains are shaded opposite. Damn !! Till I get up the ambition to redo the mountain the light is from the setting so for now it is in the dark just like me !!
    The text overlay in the first one was just learning how to apply a gradient in different ways to text. That is why it isn't in the second one I really wasn't too pleased with it. I'll have to got back to it.

In the B&W version I tried more trees But it Looked too cluttered . I'll try a denser covering in the next Update. Keep tuned and keep that advice coming !
    Last edited by lostatsea; 03-30-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"