Thread: Keeper of Records

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I reckon Industrygothica and Baziron get the job. You can liase with each other as to how to spread the load. Alu can also help when he gets time. I recommend speaking to Arcana becasue he has offered to set up a wiki for the project.

Thanks to you all and welcome on board Industrygothica.

Torq

Been thinking a bit about layout, and I think I might have something worked out in my head. I'll tweak it and get it formatted first, and then post it.

My biggest decision was trying to decide to break down all 25 areas in one single post, or to make 25 separate posts in the thread. I'm thinking the latter, for linking purposes if nothing else. Maybe someone else has a different idea.

Do you happen to have the latest landgrab that shows what area everyone's got?

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't put too much effort into a series of posts...Wiki will be up as soon as I get a name for it.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Don't put too much effort into a series of posts...Wiki will be up as soon as I get a name for it.
    Would you believe that I've never used a wiki before? At least as far as editing anything goes, I've used them a ton for reference. Can't be too hard, I'm sure (hope).

Thanks.

-IG

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh its fantastically easy
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    oh its fantastically easy
    Well that's good news then.

This is about what I had in mind, updating as necessary of course. I'm more than appreciative of any suggestions.

I've used Redrobes's Thrubmorton Fens as an example:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1805

A large wetland makes up the majority of this area. The few ridges spanning the area make for natural trade routes, offering some protection from the more dangerous low lands.

Stockades and other fortified points have been placed along the trade routes to provide protection to those willing to pay for it. Most do, considering the dangers one faces when camping in the open.

The fortifications themselves are quite basic but well financed. Most maintain a stock of supplies available for purchase,

Agriculture
    The region produces enough livestock and root vegetables to support the forts and the few outlying towns. Less simple foods like grains and fruits are imported, thus increasing the prices of items such as beer and wine.

Ecology
    The low lands are full of swamps and marshes, and creatures associated with such an environment. Lizardfolk are common throughout the area and frequently attack passing merchants.

The higher lands are home to a wide variety of racial mixes, mostly due to the heavy traffic in and out of the area.

Adventure Opportunities
    Mercenaries hired to ward off local predators
    Ruins, caves, and disused mines long forgotten and buried in the wetlands
    Battles between varieties of monstrous races affecting the civilized population

I thinl that looks great. That sort of reference document would be absolutely perfect. It will also be a necessity when it comes to trying to flesh out the relationships between the various regions. Thanks.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Sounds like something I could actually enjoy doing, I'll take a look at how much time I have and think about helping out?