Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teros: An Epic Campaign Setting, World Map Sketch...need help!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

It could be a basic mercator projection, which essentially is just a flat, distorted view of a round world. We're not seeing the full picture there, so it's hard to say. But there's obviously world "above" and "below" the image we're seeing here, so my guess is that one side is closer to the equator and the other is close to the pole, and for whatever reason we're just not seeing the pole. It might be more accurate to say that we're not getting the full picture of the hemisphere instead of calling the world flat, but that's just my opinion.
    Yes, I'm colorblind. But my pink fields and orange forests are avant garde!!

Absolutely do not scrap that...I think you should really embrace the "wild fantasy" aspect of it and not conform to physics or geometry or any of that. I think you've got a solid concept there and I am interested in seeing to brought to completion.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Thanks for the comments and projections. The sketch is more a representation of what Joshua said in his last post. The world isn't flat and I didn't do a realistic drawing of two planetary bodies basically merged through violent impact LOL. This is definately going to be a high fantasy world though so I'd throw realism (as related to our lives) out the window. Lots of magic, cities the size of earth, unexplored and undiscovered land masses, lots of magic, demons/devils and angels, etc. That relates back to the concept. Basically divine beings have become involved in this world now as the evil invading from the unknown lands threatens to destroy all life on the planet, which would in turn, destroy the deities they worship (no followers=no deity or at least a loss of power). Not sure which region or continent I'm going to do a more detailed sketch of first, probably something "smaller". I've worked on the Frozen Lands quite a bit flavor wise so I might do that first. Once I send a sketch would anyone be willing to try and do a nice draft of it in photo shop? After this post, I should be able to use private messaging and there are some artists on here I am going to be messaging. After looking at their work I was in awe of their skill.

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    Absolutely do not scrap that...I think you should really embrace the "wild fantasy" aspect of it and not conform to physics or geometry or any of that. I think you've got a solid concept there and I am interested in seeing to brought to completion.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Cereth!!! Maybe I will go with a flat world...it would definately be a cool concept. I don't think any of the worlds in DnD are flat, not any of the material ones anyway.

Flat is the new ringworld, as they say ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12