Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter is Coming... from my macbook pro

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had completely forgotten about these - thanks for remind me.

As to GRRM's post - I understand of course that it makes marketing sense to fully bill him as the author but that blog post is indeed douchy - he doesn't even mention Torstan by name in the comment. Even the random house product page gives full credit to Torstan in the description. Oh well I guess it comes with the territory when you are a big shot. I'll continue to watch game of thrones but I'll be damned if I buy any books from the guy.

Torstan, do you have copies of the map set you'd consider selling instead? If I can support you directly that way, I will prefer that.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks guys.

There's enough credit linking me to these maps around the web that I'm not likely to end up losing my name on them due to GRRM not crediting me. However I agree that it was a bit odd.

It's extremely surreal seeing these in stores and seeing the reviews, posts and unboxing videos around the web. Personally I've got North of the Wall framed in my living room. It looks great.

It has indeed opened up some interesting options. More about those in due course (and one of the reasons for me being MIA for the last couple of months). Hopefully I'll be around a bit more in the near future!

As for selling the maps - I can't sell them directly but you can pick them up via the affiliate link and I'll get a small cut! http://amzn.to/SkK4oQ

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yeah, I SOOOO wanted to pick this up. In fact I was at Barnes and Noble in the new year and had this in my hand for at least 15 minutes but after that and NOT being able to convince the wife that I needed it, I had to put it back. Christmas and Disney have a way of making any purchase a need it or don't sort of thing...

Was real nice holding something done by someone I "know", even if only over the interweb.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

It's much cheaper on Amazon than in B&N. I'd definitely recommend going for the cheaper option!

And I know the feeling around Christmas - our list of nieces and nephews keep getting longer and that's an expensive business.

You should get a bigger cut! The maps are beautiful and the comments about the map raise the ratings for the whole product!
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }

Guild Member Facebook Connected Thordred's Avatar

You know, I joined this community to get some feedback on my maps. I had no idea it was this deep and professional!

It's still kind of surreal to see threads will these. This is just plain awesome!

Haven't delved into this book-series yet, though I'm a huge fan of the TV-series. Maybe it's worth picking up just to behold your splendid cartography skills torstan?

They're handy to go with the series too - but I'd steer clear of the Journeys map if you're following the TV series. That one's got a load of spoilers...

I just ordered my copy from amazon so you could get your cut torstan :-) I may have to mail it to you to get a john henry LOL deets!!

I have my copy, the maps in them are excellent. luckily I also have a table with map draws, so I can avoid the damage from repeated folding & unfolding

torstan I want to really commend you on a mighty fine job!!! The maps arrived today, so I stopped work on the kitchen, opened the package and spread em out on th edining room floor!! These babies are really nice Neat to have them in hand to look at!! I know you really put some hard hard work and time in on these and I just wanted to say thanks, if I could add an award to your avatar I would!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast