Thread: Can City Designer do a modern town?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

In terms of adapting to terrain, I'm guessing you're wondering if it's always linear or if it can handle curves and such? It can do curved roads, etc. It can't generate a city, so you will have to draw it in manually, but they do have some tools to help with that (including a random building road setting, where you just draw in a road and it "auto-populates" it with generic buildings). There are also some good tutorials here that people have written regarding how to successfully learn and use CD3.
    Yes, I'm colorblind. But my pink fields and orange forests are avant garde!!

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    In terms of adapting to terrain, I'm guessing you're wondering if it's always linear or if it can handle curves and such? It can do curved roads, etc. It can't generate a city, so you will have to draw it in manually, but they do have some tools to help with that (including a random building road setting, where you just draw in a road and it "auto-populates" it with generic buildings). There are also some good tutorials here that people have written regarding how to successfully learn and use CD3.
    No, by adapting I mean importing a river/coast layout, but this only involves software that can generate a city. Drawing all streets by hand is a bit frightening. CE can generate a very convincing street layout even if it needs some touchup.