So, finally uploading my quilted map of 7th Sea's continents of Theah & Cathay. My talents don't lie with drawing or digital imaging, except with autoCAD, so fabric is my medium of choice for this. This was based on a composite I created from every 7th Sea map I could find. The friend I made it for decided to only have the nation names and the capitals called out.

Each province is made from its own fabric. In general I tried to pick fabrics that reflected the character of the province, but some ended up as rather generic. Main construction and piecing took about 2 weeks, but I knew nothing about quiting so it was another 8 months before I got enough help to finally finish it up. This piece was something of a prototype, where I learned a lot about piecing, quilting, and how different fabrics react to each other. Such as which fabrics are absolutely horrible to put together, no-matter how pretty they look.

When I can, I will try and get a better picture of it, but the thing's big (I've used it as a blanket on a twin-sized bed). Overall view is here, details and notes for each country are in the album.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09000.JPG 
Views:	1058 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	43784