Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Eriond - A Tutorial for GIMP & Wilbur

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Arsheesh,

Is it possible to predetermine the locations of some of the rivers with WILBUR, or do the river flow patterns and locations have to be determined by the minor elevation noise?

Could you, for instance, draw in a river as a long, winding skinny bit of ocean going into the land?

Unfortunately no, not with my method at least. You can try to approximate river placement via elevation, but there is no precision here. On the other hand two pages back Waldronate describes a method for getting the rivers where you want them that I have yet to try. Might be worth checking out.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Perhaps I could try airbrushing and smudging the lower elevations to match the required course of a river. I'll give it a shot.

Success!

The darkened river valleys shoe-horned WILBUR's rivers nicely. I probably could have done it with a narrower river valley, but it worked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coriolis-albums-kiridin+commission-picture56604-kiridin-lands-pre-color.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	56605

Glad to here this worked for you Coriolis. Looking great so far.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great Tutorial. I hope you will consider making a video because the final result was not as refined as example

Thanks ukie. Sorry to here that. I hadn't considered doing a video. If I had the time I'd look into it but unfortunately these days my dissertation keeps me pretty busy.

Too bad I hope you don't mind me bugging you. Good luck on dissertation. How much time are they giving you to write it? they gave me 8 years all together although hopefully I will finish it in 3

No bother at all ukie, wish I could oblige. My hope is to be done in 3 and a half, but it may go as long as 4. We'll see. Best wishes on your own dissertation btw.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Good luck to you too

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast