Thread: [Award Winner] Eriond - A Tutorial for GIMP & Wilbur

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected Logan Medved's Avatar

Is there any place I can find this tutorial but using Photoshop instead of GiMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Medved View Post
    Is there any place I can find this tutorial but using Photoshop instead of GiMP?
    Unfortunately I only have PS Elements and am not familiar enough with the Creative Sweet program to be able to translate the tutorial. I'm sure many of the steps are similar though. You may want to check out a2area's Israh tutorial and Jezelf's making maps in PS tutorial both of which use some similar techniques in PS.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Logan Medved's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Unfortunately I only have PS Elements and am not familiar enough with the Creative Sweet program to be able to translate the tutorial. I'm sure many of the steps are similar though. You may want to check out a2area's Israh tutorial and Jezelf's making maps in PS tutorial both of which use some similar techniques in PS.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you for the alternatives, I do appreciate it. For some reason, I'm just completely illiterate when it comes to GiMP.

Arsheesh, now that I've made an account I wanted to let you know I really love your style of cartography! I have a custom map I'm working on and didn't know if you were still around (I've been forum skulking for about 12 months now) and wanted to see if it were possible to get some advice on my map. I know the tutorial mentioned smaller than 4000 x 2000 but I like the dimensions so I can zoom in to a good degree. When I start using Difference Clouds, i find it's not as detailed and I have the sliding scale maxed out on both. Any tips?

I've really started liking cartography as a small hobby as it allows to de-stress from the daily goings on. Thanks for being a wonderful inspiration!