Thread: Need some suggestions for my first map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You are a city mapper after my own heart, IdiotDogBrain! Simple and fast! Here are some suggesttions when using RPG city creator which I have found useful when taking the image into photoshop (will work for Gimp) for further work:

1. I think you are exporting the buildings with the 'only outlines' box checked. Uncheck the box and you won't get the building outlines overlapping each other as you have now, instead they will look like one big building.

2. Check out Ramah's Tree thing application if you want to do forests (do a search and you will find it) or just use a simple round brush with some scatter to get the trees (the RPG city creator trees are pretty awful).

3. Note that the exported bitmap from RPG CC has no antialiasing which means that you can use the magic wand to vey quickly move streets, buildings etc to their own layers. You can then antialias the curves after that if you want.

4. Don't forget that you can change the colours for the different elements on export.

I really like the woodcut effect you have going there!