Thread: Pandrea [critics & advice welcome]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello guys,

I am the co-mapper of Heinrich. Basically, he helped me to improve my role-play universe and I owe him a lot of the improvment of my work.
    So, if we are to mention the role-play background, let's say it is on the way, but already quite dense. My forum is unfortunately far from well-known, which doesn't help the role-play to be fully effective, but it offers us the opportunity to improve the background. We decided that the map was the first base we needed, then followed the History which defines the civilizations.
    Sincerely, this forum is going to be a great help about the mapping concerns. If I am to tell about the rivers which I designed, I received the basic formation in geology that would have allowed me to do this better, but the heights map that Heinrich is making has never been introduced to me before. The mountains, however, were drawn at the same time as were the rivers, which is a mistake as they are supposed to be placed at first. According to me, the big mapping steps for a non magic world are :
    - The continents
    - The tectonic plates
    - The mountains and volcanos
    - The main streams
    - The rivers
    - The biomes
    - The forests etc...

If I had to start a new map, I would do that. The fact is that my map is from 2008, so, lots has been built on it already and we are trying to improve it without interfering too much with the role-play, if you know what I mean... I have not given a look at the heights' map of Heinrich yet, but I guess there are problems with the rivers indeed. nevertheless, some rivers are not natural, as you noticed, and there are some areas in which the land is so wet and flat that it is quite hard to design them properly.

Thank you very much for your attention anyway

PS : For those interested in a nearly dead belgian forum, here is the link :
    http://pandrea.team-talk.net/
    Last edited by Bisol von Sint-Omer; 04-14-2012 at 12:05 PM.