Thread: Escarand - Regional map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sel93 View Post
    I don't really get what you mean with "unique", can you specify that a bit more?

I aimed for making "Eldaron" a cold land with boreal pine forest and tundras, and "Erotin" more a woodland area. For "Erilona" I wanted a "golden landscape" of Aspen trees. For "Sela" I thought of plain valleys surrounded by mountains. The southernmost mountains are actually important for the people's religion, so I can't delete them.
    Sometimes you just have to start over. I learned it the hard way.. spent months developing this fantasy universe but then nobody liked it. A few months later I tried again from scratch and this time everyone found it interesting, if not great.

Though it's hard to judge your work only by the map and details that you have provided us. Maybe you just need to rework the map a little.

And by unique I mean, well, unique. Different from your average fantasy map which is often uninspired, drawn by someone with very little creativity to speak of.
    Last edited by TheMadKing; 04-17-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadKing View Post
    Sometimes you just have to start over. I learned it the hard way.. spent months developing this fantasy universe but then nobody liked it. A few months later I tried again from scratch and this time everyone found it interesting, if not great.
    Ain't that the truth. Have some rep.