Thread: Segarma - yet another "My First Map" - constructive criticism requested

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Segarma - Yet Another "My First Map" - feedback requested

Hey there.

This is a map for a continent (or a couple of continents) on one of my planets in my sci-fi universe.

As I am unskilled in cartography and photoshop, I decided to just design a group of continents, not the entire planet, and see how it turns out before trying my hand at the entire planet. I made it after I read through the Sederan tutorial, which is awesome.

The area displayed on the map is around 32,000 km (19884 miles) long and the scale is approximate because of curvature in the planet. It is on a giant garden planet. The local civilizations are in a relatively primitive phase. Medieval level technology. Only significant population centres are displayed because of the large scale of the map. I am looking forward to creating more fantasy themed smaller maps on the local level with lots more detail.

So, what do you guys think? Did I make any giant geographical blunders, and how do you guys think I could improve on the graphics?

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. If you dislike it or like it, I would also like to know, and why.

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SegarmaWIP.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	599.7 KB 
ID:	44083  
    Last edited by s0meguy; 04-16-2012 at 09:23 PM.