Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Sketchy Endeavor

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi Arsheesh,

I would love to see this map someday in a finished version. Had you the time for any update? I realy like the path you going here.

Oh hey thanks Schwarzkreuz. You know, I got side tracked with a couple of (as yet unfinished) commissions, and between them and school I haven't really done much of anything with this map for months. However, the semester wraps up in October and by then hopefully I will have finished at least one of the commissions and can return to this project. Thanks for the encouragement though.

EDIT: I did add a border to the map, it's not much of an update but it's something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketchy Practice 8.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	48141  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I have to think more about Borders. Its very nice how it blends in with the already used Color-Palette of the Map!

Guild Member Facebook Connected BISHDP's Avatar

I absolutely love your map. It is incredible. I am a new member to this site (and to map making with software in general) and have loved your tutorials. They are so easy to follow and are full of great methods to help people like me get started. I would like to ask one question. For your coast lines here, did you hand draw those as well or is there a way in GIMP to create those?

Hi BISHDP, thank for the kind words! Aside from the background parchment texture, this map, including the coastlines, is 100% hand drawn. It took quite a while to do those coastlines btw, I'm afraid I don't know any shortcuts.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Ah, this is beautiful! I really love the muted colors, and I am envious of how nice and clean everything looks considering it's completely hand-drawn!

I so love this map! Border looks amazing. I cannot wait for you to finish this piece of art.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How did I miss this? I am such a fan of your work. This is incredible and yet another masterpiece to add to your collection
    Last edited by jtougas; 10-31-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Shucks guys! Thanks, this piece has been in hiatus for such a long time now. I hope to pick it back up once I've completed a commission that I'm currently working on. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Mate, this is an excellent map and should be considered for the Cartographers Choice. The attention to detail is amazing! I'm going to have to check out your border tut! I really like Celtic knot work borders - for maps, stationery for whatever!

Consider yourself repped my man!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast