Thread: The land of Andoria & Realm of Telrith - [unpaid] commission (WIP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Default New tests

Good point... that is my fault...

The author named everything but I told him that the climate was not right as the "coldest" part was then in the Southwest (if the top was north). I tried to get the map turned but was told to just turn the compass and keep the landmass the way it was... I did not catch the name issue. I will ask him if it is okay to change the name of the forest... I guess if the book was in print I would just have to change the compass back...

Here is a climate that seamed to work with the locations of his "hot" and "cold" places.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Climate1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	44227

Thanks for pointing it out

-----------------------------------------------

Also, here is a new Mountain & Tree test... I am still not sure what hand-drawn style to go with...

Name:	Mount_Forest2.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	44228

I am blocking out the land features, so that I know what will go where and try to figure out the rivers on the rest of the landmass. I just made some simple brushes for each type of icon to make blocking them out easier and faster. I have added some of the "New Test Style" Mountains and Trees to this but that is slow going as this time I am drawing each mountain with no "copy/paste".

I am still doing the copy/paste for the trees... but I still might do forests as big masses. (900+ trees in that top forest and I was still not done with it)

Name:	Test-1.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	44229
    © C. M. Perry 2012

-RPGMM
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-30-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.