Thread: The land of Andoria & Realm of Telrith - [unpaid] commission (WIP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Wip Update #4

Quote Originally Posted by Crudus View Post
    What is the region labeled Sabledain Basin meant to be? Some kind of swamp? I imagine something similar could work for tundra, except sparser and without grass. Of course, it's hard to show sparseness when your defaul grassy areas have nothing drawn in.

Without changing the color of the background for the tundra regions, I not sure how I would go about this myself. Maybe some kind of hatching around the outline of the tundra region?
    The Sabledain Basin is indeed a swampy wetland. You are right about the grasslands being sparse... I had not yet had time to start adding grasslands. This update changes that and is quite a big update for me in the amount of work I have done on it

I hope you like the additions and changes.

The dead-land and the Ice-land are still giving me trouble. I think that I will just keep trying to figure out what kinds of things best say dead and cold... that might make the light turn on. I still need to re-do the town & city icons... at the higher resolution that is harder than I thought as they have to be more detailed to look good. I am having a hard time with the sea lines too... I guess the only way to do it is to draw them all by hand. I have tried several version drawing part and using patterns but nothing looks right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test-5.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	44394
    © C. M. Perry 2012

I am still waiting for the customer to let me know what he thinks of this but I think I am getting close to having a finished map (cross fingers).

Critiques and comments are welcomed.

-RPGMM
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-30-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.