Thread: Help wanted!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

You're going to have to explain in more detail what exactly you want other than "help" which is kind of vague. I think those mountains could be there, if there were perhaps a volcanic hotspot underneath that area (a hotspot is a point where magma bubbles up in the middle of a plate.) It could explain the small islands to the north-east as well, though hotspots usually form little "chains" (for example, look at Hawaii.) The oldest mountains will be the shortest (due to erosion.)

One stylistic thing that immediately jumps out at me is that the lines of your continent and water are much thinner and more pixelated then the lines for your symbols (mountains, trees, etc.) so you may want to make these lines thicker and smoother to match.

Unless you ask more specific questions, that's all I can say, but you can only get better by doing a little research. It might be worth it for you to read the wikipedia article on plate tectonics, then go look in the tutorial forum for guides in whatever area you need help.
    Last edited by Crudus; 04-23-2012 at 01:19 PM.