Thread: Southern Vandunęz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the general shape of the continent. The long river seems to cross a mountainous region, but it's very hard to tell because it's very blurry.

I am not sure I "buy" the y-shaped mountain range, though. Where are your fault lines?

Guild Adept

The North-South range is tectonic in Earthly fashion... Okay, here goes some explanation, LOL.

There are two major forces at work in the geography of the world, Standard Tectonics and Planular Tectonics. Whereas there are about 9 major Standard Tectonic plates there are in the neighborhood of 2 dozen Planular Plates which (mostly) ride upon the Standard Plates. The curved east-west range is the result of a massive Planular upheaval which is actually mirrored on the continent to the north.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Adept

I should also note that the blurry area (due to the low res of this picture) is more transition from lush to desert than any sign of high ground.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Adept

Oh yeah! On the mountains in the midsection I was going for an older more worn look on the north-south range, and a younger rougher look on the crescent, with the eastern section of the crescent the highest mountains, as they are a combination of old tectonic movement and more recent planular shifts. Does that come through?

www.sistercontinents.com