I have a question for any inkscape users who may have more experience than I. I've drawn in my rivers using just the pencil tool with shape selected as triangle out. What this does is makes a gradual wedge along the path so i get a gradually widening, curving river. Looks great, but when I go into the path editor it only shows points along the line in the middle where I've drawn. This is because it didn't actually draw the path as a wedge, the program still sees it as a line, with a path effect on it to create the wedge. I can go into the effect editor and tweak the parameters to make it wider or narrower, or start sooner, or whatever. That isn't the problem.

What I'd like is a way to get my path, with all the points, to match what I see. That is, I want actual wedges when I go into the path editor, not just the line they are generated from. That way, I can combine them, fill them in with texture, or whatever. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this. I don't know if there is a plugin that will give me what I see as another path. Everything I've tried seems to just try and modify the line, ignoring the effect.

I'm sorry if it's unclear what I'm asking, I probably don't know all of the correct terminology to use. Hopefully someone can understand and help out.

The delta, made of many lines with path effect to make them "wedges":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delta.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	44365

I want to be able to make this all one complex path of the combined outline.