Thread: Mistfell -- Village near Lighthouse *WIP*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the bridge. Bridges always give me problems.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I like the bridge. Bridges always give me problems.
    Thanks Publius. I too have problems with bridges... I've done many, many, many, many different sketches of bridges. Not to say that I have any skills in bridge building or architectural engineering ... but I think to keep it simple ... for smaller rivers and streams like this (approx 30' of water) you need supports where the water meets the land and supports at the ends where the road meets the bridge... that's my take on it really

That's a nice village you have there. I take it that the Boatwright is on the right (of the river) and the Inn/Tavern is on the left? Or do I have it the wrong way round (wouldn't surprise me if I do).

I really like the name of Mistfell. I can see the characters standing on the bridge as a fog rolls in from the river and clouds the village in mist.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

You would think that is the way I would have it ... but the inn is on the right, the boatwright on the left. I was thinking of a place to park your barge while you go in and have a nip... but now that its pointed out, I guess you would have a place to put the boat while you get it fixed, eh? ....

Thanks for the compliments on the drawing and the name... I've always had a knack for naming things...

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    You would think that is the way I would have it ... but the inn is on the right, the boatwright on the left. I was thinking of a place to park your barge while you go in and have a nip... but now that its pointed out, I guess you would have a place to put the boat while you get it fixed, eh? ....

Thanks for the compliments on the drawing and the name... I've always had a knack for naming things...
    Actually come to think of it, I think your way is the right way. If one is going to work on a boat, one would probably want to take it out of the water. It is kind of hard to patch holes or scrap off parasites if the boat is still in the water. Perhaps there is a rope/winch system for pulling boats out of the water and into the building. I also like the idea of being able to tie one's boat and visit the Inn/Tavern.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

I only boat after a few drinks... much more fun that way

Frankly, if only one of the establishments can have full waterside access, you have to give it to the most important one. The Inn. Fixing your boat comes a poor second to taking a refreshing sup.