Thread: Holy Crap...What have I got myself into?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Maybe I can demystify the mask concept a bit. What you're actually doing is laying out a transparency map for the layer. If it's white, the layer is fully opaque; black is fully transparent; 50% grey is half-opaque and so forth. It's a great way to "erase" parts of the layer without actually deleting the information (which is handy if you decide that erasing wasn't a good idea after all).

Guild Apprentice

I just want to say I read through Violent Skies and loved it. I wish I could be of more help in the concept of your maps but I'm just starting out myself.

@sim97 Hey Thanks! I'm pretty much a noob myself as far as digital mapping goes so if you want to commiserate with somone I'm all ears (or eyes since I'll be reading). I really appreciate the fact that you read through the site...Even though it was originally intended for the players, it has developed a little audience, and now I find myself trying to build the site for other people who want to read it. It keeps me motivated.

@Paramenies...the more I think about it the more intrigued I am about the possibilities...It could really fit well into the story...and to the explanation of the overall devastation this poor planet has been through. I have visions of this thing tearing away chunks of the earth and hurling them into space...maybe it still lives on the shattered face of the planet continuing to wreak havoc. Or maybe it slumbers somewhere deep in the earth...waiting to be summoned again....I'm not familiar with Chrono Trigger..but I will check it out.
    Last edited by dlaporte7271; 05-08-2012 at 03:02 PM.