Thread: Holy Crap...What have I got myself into?!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You know...that's an interesting question for both mapping...and the story...I haven't detailed what the impacting body is...yet...I've contemplated something REALLY fantastic...like a gargantuan, living creature...but...I haven't gone that far into it yet. Just for fun...here's a link to a little narrative I did about the moment of impact: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...s/the-breaking

I've also been doing some searching around for examples of impact craters on the earth for inspiration...here's a couple of images I've come up with that might make it into the final map...if anyone's intereste:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	impact crater 8.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	44517

and

Name:	impact crater 5.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	44520

Name:	impact crater 4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	44518

Name:	impact crater 1lake manicouagan.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	507.2 KB 
ID:	44519

Since I'm so new to this whole digital mapping thing...I'm still just going through the motions with the tutorials...so I'm not 100% clear on what making a 'mask' means...though I think you mean creating a layer that covers the area of the map I want to remove while leaving the rest trasparent...or something like that. I think that makes alot of sense...and sounds like it won't be too difficult to do. Thanks!
    Last edited by dlaporte7271; 05-05-2012 at 12:16 PM.